Man gives birth to daughter after wife couldn't fall pregnant (photos)

A husband has revealed how he carried and gave birth to his own daughter - because his wife could not fall pregnant.

Pictured sporting a beard as he showed off his pregnant belly, Chris Rehs-Dupin and his wife Amy met and fell in love in their 20s and always knew they definitely wanted a family.




With Chris - who was born Christina - being a pre-op transgender male, however, they planned for Amy to be the biological mum.

But when five attempts of intrauterine insemination - fertility treatment that involves placing sperm 
inside a uterus to facilitate fertilisation – failed, Chris volunteered to carry their baby instead.



He finally gave birth to their now two-year-old daughter, Hayden, naturally on December 20, 2014, after five rounds of IUI treatment and a miscarriage.


Having Hayden made Amy even more determined to carry a baby herself and in 2016 she had Milo by caesarean section after a further round of IUI.


33 year old Amy said:
 “We went through a lot of fertility treatments, until we finally reached a point where we needed to make a decision as to whether we were going to do more medical intervention or if we were going to switch bodies.
“We were fortunate enough to have two uteruses. So, after a lot of thought and emotion and difficulties we switched to Chris.”


 While Chris lived as a man and didn’t feel female, he was willing to use his womb for the good of their family. Chris, 33, explained:
“When I went to university in 2007, I knew I wasn’t a woman and it was an easy realisation to make.
Being pregnant is such a female thing and that’s when I started to question that it was not what I was.
I don’t think I had a problem emotionally having a child, I wasn’t losing a part of my identity. I think the world had a bigger problem with it than I did. 
“Some people think men aren’t supposed to carry children, that’s the world we live in. So, I feel like the world would see it as emasculating, that it would make me less trans but not the case for me. For me it was an amazing experiencing.”

After giving birth, Chris insisted he did not want to breast feed.
I had no intention of breastfeeding and I hated the fact my breasts had grown.
“After years of binding them flat, any pressure now left me in agony.”
Ironically, being pregnant made Chris more certain than ever that he wanted to further his transition to become a man. He said:
 “I knew it would make me a better and a happier person, a whole person, to start a medical transition. 
“When my daughter came I knew I didn’t want her to be afraid of who she is and it’s important for me to model that behaviour.”

The couple also knew they wanted a second child and as they decided to give it another try.

In January 2016, Chris began having testosterone injections every 10 days, while Amy fell pregnant on her first attempt.

While the baby grew, Chris was undergoing his transition. His facial hair grew, his shoulders broadened and his features became more masculine.

Amy and Chris say their experiences, running in tandem, brought them closer.
“When I was the pregnant one, because I had a husband who had been there before, it was different. He understood what I was going through, what I was feeling. It was a benefit that not a lot of women have,” Amy said.
The delighted pair welcomed their second baby, Milo into the world, weighing 8lb 15oz on October 1, 2016 and say they would love to have a 3rd baby.

Source - Mirror.co.uk

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Actress Ini Edo opens up on her marriage after 3 years

Moji Olaiya: Lola Alao, Ireti Osayemi, Eniola Badmus,Bimbo Oshin Break Down Uncontrollably at burial (official photos)