"If you had pictures of everything I had done when I was in high school, I probably wouldn't have been president" - Obama



 Former president Barack Obama said this during a round-table event with students in Chicago discussing politics and civic engagement yesterday. According to him;
"If you had pictures of everything I had done when I was in high school, I probably wouldn't have been president of the United states. So I would advice all of you to be a little more circumspect about your selfies and what you take pictures of. Just a suggestion. But it is a real problem. It's one of the biggest challenges of being in Public life.
I wrote a book about my early journey "Dreams from My Father" a ;long time ago and because I had been pretty honest about the struggles I went through as a young man, when I ran for office, there was something revealed about the guy smoked pot (Cannabis smoking) and I was like; Yeah I know, It's in my book. And I learned from that, I didn't sugarcoat it or suggest somehow that it was something I recommend for everybody. But that's what teenage kids did at that age when/where I was growing up. Not everybody, some were wiser than me but I wasn't then wise. So I think the best you can do is to own your life and your mistakes and the changes that you go through."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Actress Ini Edo opens up on her marriage after 3 years

Moji Olaiya: Lola Alao, Ireti Osayemi, Eniola Badmus,Bimbo Oshin Break Down Uncontrollably at burial (official photos)